Monday, April 23, 2007

Homage to to Harry's Hallows

The time has come, the days are numbered for everyone's favorite hero, Harry Potter. Okay, maybe Harry is not everyone's favorite hero, but he is mine. It all started with that weird and wacky college dorm roommate, Jackie Hazen. If it wasn't for her incessant banter on the world of Diagon Alley and Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardy, I can honestly say I would remain the ignorant fool that I once was. Its not to say that those people that don't read about Harry are stupid, they are not, but they are perhaps missing one the most profound fantasy series of our generation and many to come. There are so many questions conjured up right now, who will die? What's going to happen with Ron and Hermione? All I can say is I am among those converted, converted to see the way of the Hogwarts Express, owl mail and talking pictures, and as the days dwindle away and that sweet but sad series comes to an end, questions will indefinately arise. For millions of people worldwide this summer's coming book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, questions will be answered. Pre-orders have broken records for Barnes & Nobles upwards of 500,000 orders so far with Borders matching that. Billions of questions will be answered on July 21, until then I think I speak for all muggles when I say "stupefy!"

Here's an AWE-gasm for you:

2 comments:

Judson said...

Holy shit...this by far the silliest thing that I've ever read. You most certainly have been brainwashed; you are one of "them."

The fact that you entitled your post awe-gasm, and that the latter post pertains to Harry Potter almost made me vomit in my own mouth a little. However, because it is you, ms. v., it is almost adorable and endearing that you like that shit so much; almost.

Unknown said...

I think they ARE stupid. maybe we should read harry potter aloud to each other over the phone.